Saturday, June 03, 2006

Meat grinders and first person shooters


A very strange thing has occured recently... actually a couple of things.

As many are no doubt aware, I have a mother and father who, as many might not be aware, are currently residents of this blogger's domicile. This presents no problems of any import other than the occasional and quite expected bumping of glutes in what might best be described as a three-butt-kitchen (there are four of us). It has been into this space that a new and somewhat antiquated home appliance has been added: A hand-cranked meat grinder. I am assured, however, that this appliance is absolutely necessary and will be used after careful and thorough de-rusting to produce ground meat delicacies of the highest order. As I am aquainted with the chef concerned herewith, I am more than happy to sit back and prepare to be put awash in such meals as, heretofore, I have not had. So enters the meat grinder.

The second, and somewhat more personal, addition to my daily life has been the introduction of another in my household to the "first person shooter" genre of computer games. Now, before any nasty rumors are started, let me start one first: It was I who introduced my life partner to the wonders of Far Cry and Medal of Honor Allied Assault. This, I thought, would allow me a rather easy target on which to unload various weapons.

Wrong.

It seems that this individual not only is a rather quick study but was, in fact, a police sharp shooter of rather prodigious ability. This has allowed her, in short order, to use tactics that render her not only difficult to locate, but rather difficult to evade. This is getting fun!

God help me!

2 comments:

Brenda and Sophie said...

Yes, the meat grinder. For Ham balls...old family recipe. No, I am not sure what is in them...I hear they are delish.

Brenda and Sophie said...

You know, most people do not need to buy an antique (rusty) food processor on Ebay. Only my mother could find a need for something like this. (go mom!)