Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lawn Tractors and Other Ways to Get Around

Today I have become a Tractor Owner. I am so proud.

Recently, as recorded elsewhere in this electronic tome, I became disabled in a manner that renders walking a chore. This becomes problematical whenever I get a wild idea, like mowing the yard. While my existing mower is quite a good one, ie., self propelled, mulching, lots of power, trendy brand name, etc., it still requires someone to follow along behind it lest it continues unabated down the street to callously mow down some defenseless flower garden. Since this is, in effect, walking the lawnmower I find that my yard tended to go somewhat longish intervals between cuts. My dogs love it; unfortunately my neighbors do not.

Humph. What to do?

Enter the Craftsman 1100 series 48" deck Lawn/Garden TRACTOR.

Oh Yeah!!!

Now, Lest thee think that this is an anemic riding mower with a paltry 11hp let me assure you that it has been upgraded in that most american of ways: MORE POWER. It seems that the original owner, upon getting the tractor home from Sears (in 2001 -- yes, it is slightly used) decided to light the tractor off without first adding oil. One 16hp engine later, complete with the requisite oil, and we have the tractor that so wonderfully mows my yard today. All the extra power is amusing in that if you put the tractor into high gear, set the engine at max power, and then drop the clutch a rather amusing wheely is carried for about 8 ft. Too Cool. Not that I have ever actually tried this. Oh no, not me. It did make loading the thing onto my truck rather amusing to watch, or so I'm told. I was driving it at the time...

Just one thing remains to do to said machine:

Green paint with Yellow wheels.

God Bless!

2 comments:

Brenda and Sophie said...

boys and their toys...

majlogon said...

resistance is futile.

Tools are inevitable.

You will be subject to loud noises.