Tuesday, July 25, 2006

So. It Has Come.

Went to the Lord the other day asking for guidance during this time of crisis with my hip. As of July 24th, 2006, I have been declared permanently disabled.

My wife and I have heard several prophetic words regarding our future; specifically, that we would be starting "the next big thing" sometime near the end of 2007. We find ourselves wondering what that may be, given that 2006 is rapidly winding away. In addition, G-d provided me a "five year plan" that, incedently, would also come to fruition sometime toward the end of 2007.

The Thunder Rolls.

This proximity to the inevitable has me looking at the details of my life as it is at this point in time. For example, just exactly how much is this "disability" going to impact my life? Will this impact be debilitating, or is it the harbinger of great things to come? Will it cause me to slip into the pit of depression and dispair (yeah right) or simply open the door to bigger and better things?

Hollywood would insert some sort of ominous music here.

Ok, so these things aren't exactly "details", but they are the things that are occupying my thoughts. So, since my puny non-borg brain can't exactly get around these concepts by itself, and Majlogon isn't stepping in to take control, I went to G-d.

Actually, I went to G-d first.

It seems, however improbable, that this disability process has a very bright silver lining: Retraining Program. The state of Texas has a miriad of programs designed to help those invalidated out of their original field of study/vocation to re-enter the working arena. It seems that this is further facilitated by any upper level education a person might have. For example, take my case. I was fortunate enough to have had opportunity to study advanced mathematics and physics while in college in California. This study was part of an abortive attempt at an engineering degree cut short by budget considerations of the institution I was attending at the time (they eliminated the major as a course of study. Bummer, dude!) While this was something of a major setback at the time, these same courses will facilitate my admission into a retraining program that will allow me to pursue a broader range of career choices.

So, quite suddenly, things are looking up. I am still in possession of all my skills from my years as a mechanic and will be able to use these to learn and create a new reality for myself and my family. G-d has made it clear that He is in control and will not let me fall. Part of the prophesy I related earlier was that my wife and I were to be united with several of our friends in ministry together. I had always wondered how this was to be orchestrated, especially with me working as an auto technician. Not a lot of call for alternator replacement or bottem end overhaul in a church body. But, with the retraining possiblilty before me, that will all change. Not even the borg could do that!

Praise G-d!

3 comments:

Brenda and Sophie said...

A setback with a gift in it's hands...

Andi, Amand, Renee' said...

Hm, disabled is a tricky word. How about, "Not as inclined to scale mountains or breathe underwater." I like the term, "Remedially abled" personally. I am a big proponent of a sound mind, and it seems you have that covered. Now, pain deterrent is a noble cause, so I hope you are not playing a martyr.

I laughed out loud at the "We are the Borg, We love Us" comment you left.

majlogon said...

An update...

I have been declared "fully" disabled from doing my former profession, that of auto tech.

This apparently translates into 5% permanent disability as determined by the State of Texas, which in turn grants me benefits for an additional 15 weeks.

Gonna be real hard to get that "retraining" that they promised in 3.5 months...

It would be SO much easier to just assimilate them.